The Red Rock Ranger Station has an amazing visitor center where visitors and locals alike will enjoy learning about the area’s many scenic wonders and world class recreation opportunities.
Distance: 2.5 miles
Tip: In addition to a native plant garden, hummingbird garden, Smokey Bear and stunning views, the Red Rock Ranger Station Visitor Center offers:
- Short, 13-minute film introduction to Red Rock Country
- Interactive recreational trip planning
- Stories in Stone: Red Rock Country geology display
- Honor the Past: Human timeline of the Verde Valley Area
- Mosaic of Life: Interactive display highlighting the seven biotic communities found in the region
- Fire: Nature’s Housekeeper: Meet a Forest Service firefighter and learn the vital role fire plays.
Driving Directions: From the Visitor Center, 331 Forest Road, turn right on 89A for 8.4 miles; turn left for the entrance and continue left to the parking area.
Amenities: Restrooms, parking passes, gift shop