For those in the giving holiday spirit, join Chef Lisa Dahl at Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill on December 14 for a night of philanthropy and a feast of culinary delights and libations.
Nestled on a scenic bluff overlooking panoramic views of the red rocks, Mariposa delivers a true fine dining experience within a spectacular setting. Specially-crafted by Chef Dahl, the Holiday Wine Dinner Extravaganza menu will feature festive dishes, paired with award-winning wines of Napa Valley including PlumpJack Winery, ZD Wines and Heitz Cellar. Make it a delightful date night for two, a gathering with friends, or a pre-holiday celebration soiree as a generous gift of the proceeds from this event will be donated to the MISSFoundation.
As a mother who lost her only child, Chef Dahl was drawn to the MISSFoundation for its commitment to meeting grieving people with compassion by providing counseling, advocacy, research and education services to families experiencing the death of a child. As many may be missing a piece of their heart because a beloved family member is no longer with them this time of year, Chef Dahl is comforted knowing the MISSFoundation is committed to its mission of helping those in pain where a loss is met with compassion and grief is acknowledged as love.
Holiday Wine Dinner Extravaganza with Chef Lisa Dahl
Friday, Dec. 14, 2018
$175++ per person
Reception: 6:30 p.m. | Dinner: 7:15 to 9:00 p.m.
Hosted by Chef Lisa Dahl, the five-course dinner will include wine pairings from Napa Valley:
• First Course: Caramelized onion roasted garlic with sherry
Paired with PlumpJack 2016 Merlot, Napa Valley
• Second Course: A salad trio of Bibb lettuce cups with tuna tartare and avocado: fennel, citrus and pomegranate; and roasted beet medley with chèvre and Marcona almonds.
Paired with PlumpJack 2017 Chardonnay Reserve, Napa Valley
• Third Course: Blood orange sorbet drizzled with mint-infused EVO
• Fourth Course: A Grilled Feast of Land and Sea – Ambrosial Australian lamb chop with cilantro-mint pesto accompanied by Alaskan halibut with lobster scampi mashed potato and beef tenderloin skewers served with mushroom-Gorgonzola dipping sauce accompanied by Chile-roasted butternut squash and Brussels sprouts with Beeler’s All-natural bacon
Paired with PlumpJack 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate, Napa Valley
• Fifth Course: A sampler of flourless chocolate with Amarena cherry coulis, banana and white chocolate budino with rosemary-caramel sauce, and fig-chèvre cheesecake with almond brittle
Paired with Heitz NV “Ink Grade” Port, Napa Valley