WELCOME TO SEDONA
Start with scenery that makes your heart leap. Sedona nestles among a geological wonderland. Multi-hued stone formations jut upwards from the high desert floor creating a vivid, mesmerizing setting that changes hourly with the light. When USA Weekend compiled their Most Beautiful Places in America list, Sedona claimed the top spot.
Surrounded by 1.8 million acres of national forest land, visitors have instant access to recreational activities. Trails for hiking and biking, along with bouncy jeep tracks, weave among the bristling forest of pinnacles, spires, buttes and domes. Yet, you’re never far from the indulgences of town.
Sedona is equal parts rugged, equal parts resort. Regarded by Native Americans as sacred, Sedona continues to be recognized as a place of healing and spiritual renewal. Many come to experience the vortex energy centers of Sedona. Others want to prowl the 40-plus art galleries lining the streets, or to receive soothing treatments from the dozens of spa facilities. Most recently, with its nearby vineyards and tasting rooms, Sedona has emerged as a destination for wine enthusiasts.
The perfect destination should seem exotic yet feel like coming home. That is the very definition of Sedona, a small town blessed with an abundance of scenic beauty. Come experience it for yourself.
Seven Reasons Why Winter in Sedona is Unlike Anywhere Else
1) In Sedona, winter means cozy hats and scarves – NOT heavy coats and snow boots. Imagine that first crisp day of the season; just cold enough to make your nose red and absolutely perfect for hot cocoa and cider. Sedona has that feeling all winter.
2) Sedona’s winter means you can stay active. Ever try jogging in a snowstorm? Or hiking on icy trails? Not fun. In Sedona, however, you can explore our hiking and biking trails while feeling the added rush of cool air. It’s a sensation you won’t get anywhere else.
3) Gray skies? Not in Sedona. Although no one is immune from cloudy days, Arizona’s signature blue skies are especially glorious during our brisk winter months. It’s sunny, it’s clear, it’s everything you wouldn’t expect from a winter sky. Our views get even more scenic during winter months. Imagine a light dusting of snow across the red peaks of the surrounding mesas and mountain ranges. It’s a sight you’ll have to see to believe.
And since you’re already looking up… Sedona is also one of just eight Designated International Dark Sky Communities, which means that you don’t have to worry about light pollution getting in the way of enjoying a close-up of the Milky Way.
4) During the winter, Sedona transforms into a dazzling wonderland, adorned with millions of twinkling lights. The town nestled at the base of red sculpted cliffs is filled with an array of resorts, galleries and spas. Main Street turns into a modern day piazza – people bustling about, enticing aromas waft from restaurant kitchens and music fills every corner.
5) Did someone say, shopping? Looking for a gift for that certain someone who has everything? Or looking for that special piece of art for your collection? Sedona’s shopping areas are woven into the fabric of the town, tucked away in nooks and crannies amid Spanish-style hamlets and elegant plazas. Roam the scenic streets where you’ll find one-of-a-kind gift items in galleries, boutiques and eclectic shops.
6) And if you’re looking for a break from the holiday madness, Sedona has countless options to get grounded, centered, and peaceful. Luxuriate in our spas, or learn more about yourself through any one of our spiritual practitioners as you start your new year.
7) It’s the perfect family getaway. Moms, dads, kids of all ages – any anyone in between – can enjoy our breathtaking beauty, food, activities, and outdoor adventures. There’s truly something for everyone.
Relax and Reconnect
Here’s a simple rule for happiness: Treat yourself as well as you treat your phone.
Soon as you notice your phone running low on energy, the frantic search for an outlet begins. Staying charged seems important these days. Shouldn’t that apply to you as well?
If you’re looking for a place to recharge yourself, there’s no need to do a search on your poor overworked phone. Instead, just head for Arizona. Plug yourself into a place where the landscape is so epic, it startles you, so diverse it overwhelms you. Rediscover wide-open spaces and a way of life you didn’t think existed anymore. Spend time in a place so enchanting it actually draws your eyes away from the screen of your phone, which suddenly seems very, very small.
Start with Sedona, the “Unplug. Connect.” Capitol of Arizona. Sedona has long been recognized as a place of spiritual possibilities, alive with energy and awash in heart-freeing beauty. Shake off the weariness of stress and work amid a bristling forest of red rocks—a setting often called the most spectacular in the country. The Native Americans who once resided here regarded Sedona as a sacred place and nothing has changed down through the centuries.